Sunday, April 02, 2006

The "TOE" - The update

This was taken the day after the incident. What a not so Happy St. Patrick's Day for me. This time last year, Doyle and I were strolling the streets of Savannah, having a ball. What a difference a year makes!

We initally thought the nail was cracked. If you look at the lower left hand corner of the nail, there was a distinct line that made us believe it was in two pieces. Later on, I realized this was actually just skin or some sort of stretched cuticle layer.


This picture was maybe 5 days later. That weird skin on the left and lower part would get really hard when dry. I never really figured out exactly what it was or where it came from.


This was possibly on day 5 as well. You can see it was still fairly swollen. At first I didn't think it was all that swollen until I went to work and showed a couple of people there. Then when I got home, I put my feet together and saw just how much thicker the left one really was.


And this is what it looks like today, over 2 weeks later. That gunky skin is finally almost gone. It rarely ever bleeds anymore either. But when I press on the end of the toenail, the end of the nail by the cuticle pops up slightly. So I do know it isn't attached right there. We'll see what ends up happening. I've been wearing a bandaid over it at work.

I just put my running shoes on today for the first time as well. It was a little uncomfortable and hurt some but not too much. I just got back from going to the gym for the first time since it happened. Pulling weights off the racks did give me flash backs. We'll see how long it takes for me to want to use that one machine I was on when it happened.

Hopefully nothing more eventful will happen with this. The doctor had said if the nail was going to come off, it would do it within 2-3 weeks. So maybe I've got a flying chance after all. We'll see!

2 comments:

Dossett's from Ohio said...

Toe does look better and it looks like you might loose the nail. Be careful with the weights. Lol!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It is really looking good for what that toe has been through.