Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

We didn't do much to celebrate Easter this weekend, but we did do a lot around the house. Saturday Doyle mowed and trimmed while I pulled weeds and took pictures of our progress.

It was really stinking hot out on both Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I stuck to the shade at much as possible.
I didn't think I had taken pictures of this bottle brush plant before. I got some really cool closeups of it too.


We planted these Ty plants last year. The last hard freeze we had was unexpected and we didn't get a chance to cover them. I still need to trim off some of the dead pieces. Looks like they will survive though. They were very skinny when we first got them.The green rounish plants used to be planted under the palm tree. We moved them here a few weeks ago because they were getting too big. Eventually we want to fill in more of this area with other plants too.

Kit was having a good time running around in the yard with us.

I even brought Snickers out for some fun in the yard. He constantly cries at the windows when we are outside and he's not. I usually put him in his cat bag but this time let him do some roaming. He got a little pissy when I picked him up to take him back inside. He hissed at me!! Talk about ungrateful! He was really enjoying being outside though. He normally just gets to walk around the pool but not rub up against plants. I need to get him some of that pet grass so he can eat it.

Is this not about the most hansome dog portrait you've ever seen?

This one takes the cake too. Talk about a hard dogs life... sitting under the palm tree resting!

Here we were last night watching TV. Again, does this dog have it rough or what? Brace yourself, I'm getting ready to show a toe picture... so if you don't want to see it, log off now! :)

And here is what the toe looks like today. The part at the bottome cuticle area is actually growing! There is still a piece on the right side where the old toe nail is still attached. I assume it'll eventually come off. This is the closest it has been to looking almost normal! My toe is so tired of wearing a bandaid all the time. I'm actually thinking of not wearing a bandaid to work one day to see if anyone actually notices. The skin where the adhesive sticks to it is literally taking layers of skin off from the back of the toe. It's amazing the kind of injuries you get from just taking care of other injuries.

Anyway, hope you had a great Easter weekend. Today, Doyle painted more of the exterior of the house and I went in to work for about 4 hours and then cleaned the house and did laundry. Nothing too exciting but we are relaxing now.

Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

Dossett's from Ohio said...

All your pictures were great. Loved the picture of the bottle brush plant. Oh and Kit that was awsome pic of him. Snickers looked like he was having a great time. Thanks for sharing!!