Sunday, January 22, 2006

Orlando



We headed down to Orlando this weekend. We had fun! We got to Steve & Erica's house Saturday afternoon. Then met up with JT & Maryann for dinner at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. That was fun! That was the first time Doyle and I had been there. They give you SO MUCH food! It was really good too. I got the scallops and shrimp and Doyle got the steak and shrimp.

Almost everyone knew how to use the chopsticks well but me. I really was giving it my all and because I was so hungry and getting no where, I decided to just stab the food with the chopstick and get it into my mouth. So anyway, on one of my stabs, I accidentally lost control the chopstick and flipped one of my onions onto Erica's sleeve!! She was startled and wasn't sure who did it. She looked at the chef and he apologized, not knowing if it was him or not. I was laughing so hard, I really had no idea if it was me or not either. Then Doyle said he saw the whole thing and said yes, that it was me! That was so funny! Poor Erica though, that was the first time she had worn that shirt and here I got it dirty! We read the tag and saw that it could be machine washed so that was good. Otherwise I definitely would have paid for her dry cleaning!!

After dinner we headed to the City Walk. I had heard Erica talk about going there before but I really had no idea what it was like. It was really cool. It was very similar to Pleasure Island at Disney, only you didn't have to pay to get in. You could walk around and see the different bars and restaurants and things they had. We went to Pat O'Briens and had an after dinner drink. Poor Erica again, she asked for a "lemonade". When they brought it to her, I noticed it was in the same glass as an alcoholic version in the drink menu. Well, she took one sip and thought it tasted really good but didn't think it was just lemonade. We hailed the waiter and asked and he confirmed, it did have alcohol in it! You would have thought the waiter would have noticed that she was pregant, not to mention she did ask him if she could get any of the featured drinks virgin style and he had said no. So anyway, he did bring out a regular lemonade.

Doyle and I were just saying that we wished Jacksonville had a place either like City Walk or Pleasure Island. That would be really fun. Okay, so here are a couple of pictures we took at Pat O'Briens. I liked the place because it reminded me of Cedar Street in Austin. :)


Steve & Erica McCowan

Maryann & JT Thomas




And us!




And of course we can't forget about the pets. We left Snickers at home, which he was fine with. We left him more than enough food for the time we were gone. And when we got home, we found he had eaten every last bite! I swear that cat would gain so much more weight if we let him! Kit on the other hand, we couldn't just leave at home. So on the way down to Orlando, we called Pet Paradise in Palm Coast. Kit's been to that location several times. I took a couple of cute pictures of him on the way down too.

Here he is... all smiles because he's going "bye-bye"

And here he is giving his momma kisses


He did a very good job sitting in the back seat and enjoying the ride.

On the way back home today, we took some back roads and saw some amazing "deep south" as Doyle called it. Yes, some of it was a little scary but other parts of it was just beatiful. We saw one house on the edge of the lake with these huge gorgeous oak trees all around it. I think that's my dream house! It reminded me so much of Texas I couldn't believe it. I had no idea there were places like that in Florida! Of course that statement started a whole conversation about the various places we think we would like to live. The road did take us through Deland and although I had been there years and years ago, when we drove through it I thought it was the cutest little town. It definitely felt very homey.

Okay, I think I'm going to wrap this up. I'm planning on getting up early every day this week for work. I've got two business dinners this week so I wanted to get these pictures on here tonight or it probably would have been till next weekend before I got around to it. We hope you all had wonderful weekends as well!

2 comments:

Dossett's from Ohio said...

Sounds like you need to practice at home with the chopsticks LOL!! That is ok honey I would not know how to use them either. That is why they make forks and spoons for us less limber fingered people. Sounds like a great weekend with friends.

Dossett's from Ohio said...

Oh Gee !! I never brought up how nice it was to see Kit getting to go away to and have some fun!! He is so cute setting there with you.Of course your pretty too!!!!