Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005





We had a really yummy Thanksgiving and it was a treat that my parents were here for it! The night before Thanksgiving I made two desserts. One was my Aunt Cheryl's Strawberry Cheesecake and the other was a Double Layer Pumpkin pie. Both turned out really well! I also prepped the turkey the night before. I always want a large turkey but this year was by far the largest. It was 20 pounds! I used the recipe from the most recent Cooking Light magazine. It called for a mixture of seasonings with parmesan cheese and sage. I pushed that up under the skin of the turkey. I also stuffed the cavity with celery, carrots and onions.

That turkey turned out really well. I'm definitely going to repeat that recipe. The most surprising part was that the veggies in the cavity did not get mushy. When I took them out, they were still crunchy! They were sooooo good! We also had mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes that I just died over, cranberry relish and I used a new cornbread stuffing recipe that turned out really yummy too. I'm definitely going to remake that as well as the candied sweet potatoes.

I'm attaching some pictures from the day. Everyone was well relaxed after eating that dinner! I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving as much as we did!

1 comment:

Dossett's from Ohio said...

Looks & sounds like you out did yourself on the meal. Looking at everyone they look like they ate to much!! LOL!!!