Sunday, November 06, 2005

Jacksonville Sea & Sky Spectacular 2005














These are pictures from the Sea & Sky Spectacular at Jacksonville Beach from this past weekend. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. We got there early (9:30am) and got a really great parking spot only a few blocks from the center of the action. We brought our beach chairs and got a great spot on the beach. About 30 minutes later they asked everyone in our area to move. So we got another spot but not quite as nice as the first spot. We watched the show there till just after the amphibian vehicles stormed the beach. That was really cool. Doyle had not seen that before, but I had two years ago when my mom came to visit.

After that, we moved our chairs to the Sea Walk Pavilion. There we could hear the announcements describing who was flying and which moves they were making. They also had music playing in the background. So that was really cool. We hung out there and ate and drank till about 4pm when the Blue Angels finished their show. We took so many pictures... but the battery ran out just after I took about 3 or 4 pictures of Fat Albert. For those of you that do not know, Fat Albert flies just before the Blue Angels! So I didn't get any pictures of them, but they were fantastic.

The only thing we weren't prepared for was the sun! We didn't think to bring any sun block with us as this is November and it wasn't supposed to be all that hot out. So of course, we ended up getting burnt to a crisp. Mainly just the top of our arms and legs. My makeup had SPF 10 or 15 in it, so my face faired pretty well. My neck in the front ended up getting red though. And I have a farmers tan on just one arm! Doyle's arms and legs definitely got scorched. We took a vinegar bath when we got home. I've done that before and it helped immensely. This time I only had regular white vinegar and the last time I had used Apple Vinegar. Doyle thought it helped some but I'm not so sure.

I'm not sure if the burn was the worst part of it or not... it took us 2 hours to get home from the show! The first 1 1/2 hours took us from our parked car back to Atlantic and A1A. Doyle did fairly well without getting ticked off too much. I was behind the wheel so that probably helped somewhat.

I'm attaching some pictures to show. If you ever get a chance to see an air and sea show... do it! Enjoy!

Love, Aimee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember it well. We had fun that day alright. I was glad that Doyle got to go see it too. Too bad about the batteries pooping out though.