Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008!

We had our family's Thanksgiving dinner last Sunday so that Doyle could be with us. I was pretty under the weather then so I wasn't able to go all out like I normally do. For the first time, I made our turkey in the crockpot! It turned out really well. We also had carrot-sweet potato mash, which was really the only new homemade item this year, stuffing, spinach in a butter sauce, turkey soup (because I was sick), rolls and cranberry relish. And we also had pumpkin pie as well. I tried making cranberry-pumpkin cookies but I forgot to add a few ingredients. What can I say, I didn't have much energy! :)
This was Cade before Thanksgiving dinner actually. Such a poser! He actually slept this way! Daddy took a picture of mommy and Cade both sleeping on the couch just prior to this, but let's just say mommy isn't going to post that one!
Usually I end up hanging the lights but again, I just didn't have a whole lot of energy. Good thing Cade was willing to pitch in and help! :)
I thought this was a cool picture even though it really isn't in focus.
And here Cade is wearing a hat G-Ma gave him last year for Christmas.

Again, not a clear picture but it gives you an idea as to what it looks like in the dark, all lit up.
Someone got all pooped out by the end of the night.

And here he is in his new favorite jam jam's. I actually put him down for a nap yesterday afternoon while he had his regular clothes on but he wanted to cuddle this outfit. How cute.

Just having a good time!


Cade LOVES putting things between his toes.

And here he is giving "baby sissy" a hug and kiss!

We hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving Day and long weekend!

1 comment:

Dossett's from Ohio said...

Love the pictures!! Your Thanksgiving meal looked really good. Hope you Cade are feeling better. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Love ya all!!