Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Alligator Farm

Last Saturday we took Cade to the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine. Neither of us had been there before. I was surprised at just how many alligators they had. I couldn't even begin to count, especially in the "nature looking" areas. Crazy!

These guys definitely looked well fed.
Cade immediately started pointing at all the animals he saw.

Yes, it appears Doyle was trying to feed Cade to this alligator!

But then Cade decided he would rather ride it.

He looks so sweet and innocent here right? Just like you could eat him up?

Well, these guys thought so too!

At first we were just amazed at how all these little baby alligators came towards us. Then we realized there was a machine you get food out of to feed them. So I guess she just wait here all day getting feed by the tourists. Pretty eerie really!

They had other animals also. Here a monkey is talking to Cade. They also had a lot of very colorful birds.

They also had a little playground area.

Cade watched the gigantic turtles as we ate our lunch.
That's it for pictures at the Alligator Farm. Unfortunately, when Doyle asked me that morning if the camera battery needed charged, I should have just charged it anyway. But no, I didn't and we didn't end up getting very many pictures. I won't let that happen again!

No comments: