Saturday, November 01, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

Okay, so I looked for Cade a costume in the stores and they really don't have much of a selection for his age. Not to mention, he could stand to get the 3T waistline on a 2T length. Right, that doesn't happen so I decided to make something myself. I also figured since this was the last Halloween that Cade would be the "baby", it was only fitting that he be "Super Baby" this year! I definitely procrastinated and didn't actually start sewing on it until last weekend! I won't do that again! Cade wore his costume to daycare for the parade and party. Anyway, enjoy the pics!

Alright, so Cade didn't exactly enjoy wearing the costume when I first put it on him. Actually, it was the letters on the front of the shirt that he didn't particularly care for. Luckily, he got over it fairly quickly.

Now we skip to Halloween night. Here Cade is eating his first and only piece of Halloween candy.


And Super Baby is armed and ready to handout the candy to the trick or treaters!

Okay, so maybe he wasn't so willing to give it up but rather wanted to eat it himself!

Everyone that came to the house commented on how cute "Super Baby" was. Certainly no one else had his costume! I wasn't able to find a pattern so I just came up with it myself. And no, I am NOT going to start making my kids clothes. It's much easier to just buy them!

Come on mama, just one more piece?

Or how about this one?

No, he didn't get another piece. This pic was taken during the first one. I really didn't want him to get all wired before going to bed. He did wake up a few times last night but for the most part, slept pretty good. I didn't actually go in to get him this morning until just after 6:30am. So that was nice that I got to sleep in! He was asleep by 8:30pm and I was asleep by 9pm. So we both got a pretty fair amount of sleep in!

We hope you all had a Happy Halloween too! Cade says next year he'll be ready to go house to house himself. Today we are off to run errands and see about getting a few more maternity clothes for me. The pregnancy is going fine here in the 2nd trimester. The baby has done her fair share of kicking while I've been updating this.
We hope you all enjoy your weekends! Take care!

No comments: