Saturday, February 18, 2006

Our Valentine's Day

We had an absolutely fabulous Valentine's Day! I had to work (of course) but did my best by getting off work at 5:30pm. I came home to find Doyle had gotten me some white roses and THE sweetest Valentine's Day card. I gave him a card too and a bunch of different varieties of Dark Chocolate candy. I'm not a big fan of dark chocolate and don't really ever buy it. So he's very well stocked now. We had actually already bought our Valentine's Day present for each other a couple of weekends ago. Here is that picture. Snickers thinks this is his new crash pad. Because the cushion is light colored, we decided to put a towel down to try and collect the black pet hair. I don't know that it's really going to help that much, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. The left side is open for us to sit something in and the right side is a shelving unit with a mirror for the door. That is actually a picture on the wall on the other side of the front door.

We pretty much kept to our tradition on what we do for Valentine's Day. We grilled two New York Strip steaks and made Old Bay shrimp. It was really good...

After dinner we listened to some of our favorite slow songs. Then for dessert Doyle surprised me and bought chocolate for melting. So we made our own chocolate covered strawberries. The chocolate came in a tough cardboard container. We weren't sure how good it was going to be, but it ended up being absolutely wonderful. I was shocked it tasted so good! We will definitely buy it again.


So all in all, we had a very romantic evening. I know I'm an extremely lucky girl to have such a romantic husband. He's the BEST! We hope you enjoyed your Valentine's Day too! :)

1 comment:

Dossett's from Ohio said...

Wonderful and great pictures thanks for sharing and you are a lucky girl!!