Saturday, February 18, 2006

Front Door - one of Doyle's home projects

Doyle had mentioned to me about wanting to do something with our front door. We think the previous owners had stained it and the weather had just done a number on it. So he went to Home Depot and bought a wonderful colored stain called Bombay Mahagony. He also bought a new lock for the door. It's called Satin Nickel. It looks perfect with the new electrical outlet plates we bought with some Christmas money we had received. Those were made out of brushed satin nickel. It still smells like he just painted it and hasn't completely dried yet. But here it is. I absolutely love it and think he did a great job of picking everything out. We both have exactly the same taste! Here are pictures of the outside and inside.

The pets were crying around and looked like they wanted their picture taken today too. So here they are in all their beauty...


While I was busy taking pictures, Doyle took his GTO out for drive. I got a couple of pictures of him when he got back.


And here he is putting it back in the garage. Now you can see where we have to store our 9 foot Christmas tree! There really isn't any where else to put it!


I did go into work this morning and felt like I got a lot of accomplished. So now I get to relax for the rest of the weekend. I did find out I'll be traveling to San Antonio, TX for a software conventnion at the beginning of March. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting away from the office for a little while and hopefully getting up to Austin to visit. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Dossett's from Ohio said...

I love the door Doyle did a great job on it!! You look good driving the GTO Doyle!!! As for the tree it works hanging there and out of the way!! Great job!!