Sunday, June 10, 2007

No A/C in Florida???

Yep, you got it... our air conditioner went out yesterday! I've got a guy coming out today. He said it should be around noon. I just hope it can be fixed today. It got up to 97 yesterday, which is 10 degrees higher than normal and is supposed to get just as hot today. Later in the week it's only suppose to be in the mid 80's. I could have dealt with that much easier.

My Aunt Ila and Uncle Butch were here visiting and just left on Thursday. Also, Chip & Keith just drove the truck down with some items for the condo in Palm Coast. They were in Florida for the past week unpacking and getting the condo all set. I'm sure Diane is happy that the a/c worked while she watched Cade for all these weeks. They all just left Saturday to drive back up to Wisconsin. So it appears everyone had great timing on getting out of Florida!

Cade slept really well and I was surprised at that. I thought he would keep waking up just from being uncomfortable. Nope. He slept till 2:30am, so that was really good. I let him sleep in just his diaper because it was so hot. It did get down to the low 70's last night. Right now it's probably around 80 and I feel okay. It's that over 90 degrees that gets you. Please keep your fingers crossed that this gets fixed today!

Here are just a couple of pictures from the past week.

Uncle Butch with Cade

Aunt Ila giving Cade a bottle.

And oddly enough, yesterday morning I was cleaning out Cade's clothes and come across this pair of pants he hadn't worn yet. They are size 6 months. I even got out the camcorder and mentioned how hot it was supposed to get that day and how he couldn't wear the pants that day because we were planning on running some errands and he would be too hot. Imagine that, I didn't realize at the time that we would all be too hot in the house as well.

Are these just too cute or what? He has completely grown out of any clothes sized under 6 months. And he actually won't be 3 months old until next Thursday! I remember thinking that some of his onesies just looked too long and not wide enough. Well... he's got several outfits that are really wide but not long enough. He's growing like a weed!

Here are some other pictures we took over the weekend before the a/c went out as well...


Okay, Cade is waking up so I'm going to go ahead and log off of here for now. It's not 9:30am yet so we've got some time to kill before the guy gets here. We are hanging out in my bedroom because we can feel the ceiling fan better in here than in the living room. Okay, hope you all are cool! I'll give an update later!

and just a couple of hours later....

I have good news to report... the a/c is back up and running! The condenser needed replaced. He said that was fairly common. Of course he also said we should replace the whole unit as well. I asked for a quote and he gave me three. So it looks like that will be our next big expense. Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments: