Saturday, August 19, 2006

New York City!!

After Pop Pop's birthday weekend, Doyle and I spent the day in New York City, before my work seminar started. Here are some pictures from our room at the New York Marriott Mariqee. We were right in the middle of Times Square!




Of course I had to take Doyle to Serendipity... or should I say, he let me take him there.


The ice cream there is SO good. I had just had a migraine earlier in the week, or I would love to have gotten the Frozen Hot Chocolate drink!

After lunch we started walking back towards the hotel and wouldn't you know it, we came across the gay pride parade. Some of these guys were just too hilarious looking.


After watching about as much as we possibly could of the parade... we headed down to the Empire State Building.


They did warn us that it was a cloudy day... like we couldn't see that for ourselves already. There really wasn't any wait at all which was extremely nice. No sooner than we got up there and King Kong came up to me from behind and scared me to death! Doyle was quick to take a picture as I was still trying to catch my breath from gasping so hard!

The below picture is looking out towards the business district where the Twin Towers had been. We did not get a chance to make it down to ground zero on this trip.

We hung out Monday night with my group from Landstar. This is Kevin, my first boss at Landstar and his wife Shannon.


We hung out at this Irish Bar for awhile and then headed down to join Jim, my boss and his wife and 3 kids. We had dinner at the ESPN Zone. After that, we set back out on the town by ourselves. It had been a pretty long day so pretty much just headed back to the room after taking some last pictures of the NYC night life.




We had a great time in New York, but when the trip was over, we were very happy to get back home.

No comments: